Running a cleaning business can get very messy with scattered schedules, chaotic timekeeping, and employees who aren’t sure what they’re supposed to be cleaning. These top 8 cleaning business software tools can take care of all your bare necessities.
When starting a cleaning company, you’ve made a lucrative decision in the long term. With low overhead, barely any of the usual operating costs, and reliable demand, you could have a successful business on your hands.
But managing a cleaning company presents its own challenges. For example, gaining clear oversight on work hours, staff training, communication, and scheduling.
Even though these challenges are no small feat, the benefits are tenfold. Relying on traditional operational methods just won’t cut it anymore. Only through cleaning company software, can cleaning business owners:
- Automate operations
- Save time and money
- Provide better service for customers.
But the benefits of cleaning company software don’t stop there.
If you don’t have the time to read through our research, jump down to our quick comparison table.
Our Top Picks
Best all-in-one cleaning business software for employees on the go!
Most liked for its post-cleaning invoicing feature.
Good for maintaining current clients with a follow-up feature after appointments.
What to Look For in a Cleaning Business Software Solution
To really get the most bang for your buck, a good cleaning business software solution should include all the important features that will make your life easier and your business run smoother.
The best key standout features amongst the many options are as follows:
- Smart Scheduling: Cleaning businesses need a software solution that helps them schedule shifts efficiently. It should provide cleaners with detailed and understandable schedules. Also, it should ensure that all jobs and shifts are adequately staffed. You should be able to see who is and who is not available at any given time.
- Operational Tools: Keeping your cleaning business well organized is an absolute must. So if you have a cleaning company software that provides you with the tools to do this, then even better. From daily operations to payroll and taxes, having an administrative system is key.
- Cost: Whatever commercial cleaning software you choose, it should include every feature you need. But, it should be at the most affordable price. And it should have a fixed price, instead of per seat, which costs a bundle. You should take advantage of software that includes free trials, or even free plans.
- Scalability: In an ideal world, you want your business to grow. This means hiring more cleaners and making operations more sophisticated with time. You need a system that can help you scale. This means being able to upgrade and add more advanced features to your day-to-day.
- Easy Integration: Your cleaning service software of choice might not have all the features you need. But they could integrate with other software that addresses desired business areas. For example, you could sync your software with payroll software.
- Customer Support: Software for cleaning businesses can always have technical issues. Or, your cleaners are struggling to use certain features on the platform. Customer support staff can respond quickly and make your user experience simpler.
The 8 Best Cleaning Business Software Solutions of 2022
Connecteam’s award-winning cleaning business software helps you manage operations from anywhere.
Some ways Connecteam can benefit your cleaning business:
Accurate Time Tracking
Connecteam’s employee time clock app ensures cleaners are where they should be at all times. Capabilities include:
- Clocking in on time upon arrival at client locations.
- Using geofence and breadcrumbs capabilities to see where cleaners are during work hours.
- Exporting timesheets to Connecteam’s Quickbooks Online and Gusto integrations. Ensure quick, accurate payroll.
Effective Cleaner Shift Scheduling
Connecteam’s employee scheduling app ensures you always know when cleaners are available. Keep your schedules active and full. Capabilities include:
- Giving cleaners all required information, including notes, location, time, files, and tasks.
- Saving time building schedules with templates, duplicates, and setting recurring shifts.
- Easily claiming, accepting, and rejecting open shifts.
Instant Communication With Your Cleaners
Connecteam’s employee communication app helps your team stay on the same page at all times. Capabilities include:
Automate All Daily Cleaning Processes
Complete all daily processes and operational procedures with minimal hassle. Provide forms, checklists, and reports digitally, eliminating pen and paper.
Some other awesome benefits from Connecteam include:
- Quickly onboarding new cleaners with Connecteam’s employee training software. Include crucial policies and guidelines for cleaners.
Employee engagement app features, including a social feed with exciting updates. Share GIFs, videos, photos, and files to boost employee morale.
- Real-time forms & checklists
- GPS location stamps
- Flexible schedules & templates
- 1:1 and group chat
- Safety resources/policies
- Employee directory
- Excellent customer service
- Timesheet and payroll capabilities
- Easy to manage staff
- Affordable cleaning service software solution
- Integrations in development
Starts at just $29/month for up to 30 users
Free 14-day trial
Free plan available
Jobber has you covered when you’re looking for a carpet cleaning, residential cleaning, window cleaning, and commercial cleaning software solution. Depending on the type of cleaning business and which plan you sign up to, features will vary so make sure you do your homework before signing up.
- Customer service (CRM)
- Invoicing and payments
- Scheduling and dispatching
- Team management
- Assists in running a business
- Easy to use
- Could do with a better reporting feature
- Customer service could be improved
Starts at $49 per user/month.
Free Trial: 14-day
Free Plan: No
ZenMaid is primarily a cloud-based cleaning company software that helps you schedule your employ
- Send work orders to your team in the field
- Send reminders to customers
- Automatically sends follow-ups after appointments
- Billing and invoicing
- They constantly improve the software
- Simple to use
- Easy to schedule
- Missing hours when it comes to payroll
- Difficult to find customers prior cleaning history
Starts at $49/month
Free Trial : 14-day
Free Plan: yes
Deputy is well known as an all-in-one commercial cleaning software solution, like Connecteam, as it allows you to manage just about anything from one place. Autofill shifts, track your budget, track hours, quickly find replacements, and more – these are some of the highlights of joining Deputy as a cleaning company.
- Autofill shifts Real-time attendance
- Clock in and clock out
- Shift swapping
- Easy to distribute shifts
- Manage employees more efficiently
- Suspectible to time lags
- More features on iPhone than Android
Starts at $2.50 per user/month
Free Trial: 30-day
Free Plan: No
- DoTimely is a cleaning service software designed to help professional cleaners manage their customer data, day to day schedules for employees, manage invoices, and collect payment.
- Scheduling and dispatching
- Invoices and payment
- Reports and dashboards
- Real-time notifications
- Helps keep businesses organized
- Good amount of features
- Drains mobile devices battery
- Prone to technical glitches
From $15 and $10 for any additional user per month
Free Trial: No
Free Plan: Yes
The Service Program is a QuickBooks add-on Service Software and cleaning company software that is compatible with iPhone, Android, tablet, or laptop. It offers real-time sync, signature capture, field printing, picture attachments, invoices, barcodes, and more.
- Billing and invoicing
- Dispatch management
- Scheduling and routing
- Customer database
- Produces accurate billing
- Improves overall efficiency
- Can’t bring back deleted tasks
- Difficult to access certain data on mobile device
Starts at $2,095 per user/month
Free Trial: No
Free Plan: No
An ideal field service management software solution, as well as a software for cleaning businesses, mHelpDesk allows cleaning businesses to automate a wide variety of processes. This cleaning service software helps managers organize all job invoices, provides easy-to-read job schedules for cleaners and provides a clear overview of every cleaner’s shift schedule via the dashboard.
- Time tracking
- Request forms
- Billing/customer payments
- Good for quotes/appointments
- Mobile, desktop and kiosk access
- Hard to set up and train others
- Software can be very slow
According to Capterra, pricing starts at $169/month per user.
Free trial: 14-day
Free plan: No
Hubstaff is a cleaning business software solution that provides managers and employees with a wide variety of features to make daily processes more efficient. This software for cleaning businesses allows managers to track time, set geofences, schedule shifts, and more.
- Automated time tracking
- Budget reporting
- Time cards
- Robust set of features
- Automated payroll and reporting
- Dashboard can be difficult to understand
- Some limited scheduling capabilities
Technically $7 per user/month, but starts at $14 (Minimum of 2 users).
Free trial: 14-day
Free plan: Yes (1 user only)
Compare the Best Cleaning Business Software Solutions
What Is Cleaning Business Software?
Cleaning business software is everything your company needs – from scheduling to time tracking on a mobile phone application and/or desktop. This is a tool that provides all the logistical and operational tools to administer the workings that normally occur behind the desk, and assists with the managerial process of keeping employees aligned with expectations and to-dos.
How Do Cleaning Business Software Systems Work?
Each cleaning business software will have its own variation of capabilities, but there are basic fundamentals as to how such a system should operate. When you’ve chosen the commercial cleaning software that best suits your company, you’ll be asked a myriad of questions to set everything up, so that it’s aligned to your managerial style as much as possible. Once this is customized, you’ll be at liberty to choose which features pertain most to your daily activities.
Cleaning businesses are never stationary so the most useful tools will usually boil down to timekeeping, geotracking, safety, scheduling, and quick task management. To maintain employee oversight, you’ll often have the control of setting geofencing for clock-ins/outs while also having filter setting controls on scheduling based on desired timeframes. Once everything is fixed to your liking, you can keep employees in the know of their required responsibilities through attached notes onto shifts, so everything is in one place and fully accessible.
Benefits of Cleaning Business Software Solutions
Apart from the list above, we dive deeper into the many benefits of cleaning company software.
- Digital checklists and forms lessen friction from daily activities, automate information flow, enhance response time, and build oversight on your cleaning business
- No more second-guessing employee hours or location with GPS time trackers and simple clock in and out capabilities from an employee’s phone
- Collect employee timesheets in a click so you can export accurate payroll sheets more efficiently
- Save time by simply booking jobs and assigning the relevant cleaners to the shift or creating shifts that are up for grabs
- Better internal communication that’s under one roof without the need for endless WhatsApp groups, lengthy text messages, or multiple phone calls
How much does cleaning business software cost?
Usually, pricing is what keeps people from really going all-in on a new method like cleaning business software. Most software systems’ pricing is based on the number of people who will be using them, which can quickly balloon into an astronomical price. This pricing arrangement isn’t realistic for most small businesses.
Connecteam comes in first as our top cleaning business software solution, for delivering a price that is exactly opposite to the norm. With a fixed rate of $29 per month for the first 30 users, you can be sure that you’ll pay for a cleaning business software that saves you money while delivering more than the competition.
Can the right cleaning service software help during the pandemic?
Yes, it can! Day-to-day operations are a core function to run your cleaning company. Connecteam’s checklists & reports are designed to remove friction from daily activities and automate information flow. Popular examples include daily service summary checklists and COVID-19 daily health declaration reports for cleaners.
Can cleaning company software with built-in scheduling be easy to use?
Yes, scheduling should be easy and free up more of your time to focus on other tasks. Connecteam’s simple drag-and-drop planning board and templates help to assign service calls to cleaners quickly.
Cleaning companies can rely on Connecteam’s job scheduling feature to provide all the relevant information to their cleaners daily and all from one place.
Is it easy to onboard?
Connecteam makes it quick and efficient to onboard new cleaners and gets them up to speed. With read-and-sign forms and training, cleaners have a structured onboarding experience that is simple yet effective.
Going Forward With the Best Cleaning Business Software
The best cleaning company software lessens the headache that comes with monitoring your team and improving your businesses’ productivity and efficiency so you can focus on client satisfaction and growth.
Just make sure you choose the right cleaning business software. Sign up for some free trials, play around with the relevant cleaning company software solution, and choose the one that gives you the most bang for your buck.
Remember that cleaning company software should be easy to use and should scale with your company. Start automating daily processes with the best cleaning company software today!